- New Level 5 course for the FE/HE sector. FIND OUT MORE - BEGINNING SPRING 2015|
- Parents’ Course, at HADC - JOIN US!|
- Open Afternoon at the Centre - Learn about our Professional Courses and Services, Friday 25 April 2014|
- Golf Day - Friday 16th May 2014|
- Rosie Wood - Saturday Morning Presentation - ‘Bottom Up and Top Down’|
- Empowering Learning - A new perspective on learning|
- Professional Summer School 2014 - Understanding and Supporting Dyslexic Individuals|
- Interview dates for 2014-15 OCR courses now released|
- CPD session on ADHD delivered by Fintan O’Regan|
- CPD: Writing Diagnostic Assessments for adults 16+ Wednesday 28 May 2014|
- CPD: Writing Diagnostic Assessments for ages 7 to 16 - June & July 2014|
- CPD: Level 5 Course – Using and Understanding a Range of Standardised Tests - September 2014|
- The Helen Arkell Spelling Test (HAST2) now available|
- HADC is offering a new mentoring service to newly qualified Level 7 candidates|
- 2014-2015 Professional Courses Information|
- Are you going to University?|
Click an article in the ticker tape above to read it
2014 London Marathon
Our runners may have run the run but you can still sponsor them!
At HADC dyslexia is our speciality
We believe dyslexic people are special, and we specialise in dyslexic people. All dyslexics are individuals, and a large part of our work is dedicated to identifying those children and adults alike who are faced with the challenges of dyslexia.
Dyslexia is much more common than most people think and affects as many as one in every eight people. If identified early most dyslexics quickly learn to cope well, are at no real disadvantage in life, and often find their dyslexia a positive asset in later years.
New Level 5 course for the FE/HE sector. Beginning Spring 2015 >> Parents’ Course, at HADC - JOIN US! >> You can still sponsor our 2014 London Marathon Runners! >> Easter study - Touch Typing, Revision, Study Skills, Personal Learning >> Open Afternoon - Learn about our services, Friday 25 April 2014 >> Golf Day - Friday 16th May 2014 >> Rosie Wood - Saturday Morning - ‘Bottom Up and Top Down’ >> Empowering Learning A new perspective on learning >> Professional Summer School 2014 - Understanding and Supporting >> Interview dates for 2014-15 OCR courses now released >> CPD: session on ADHD delivered by Fintan O’Regan >> CPD: Writing Diagnostic Assessments for adults 16+ 28 May 2014 >> CPD: Writing Diagnostic Assessments 7 to 16 - June & July 2014 >> CPD: Level 5 – Using and Understanding a Range of Tests Sept 2014 >> The Dyslexia Bookshop, our exciting online bookshop >> What it is like to be a working adult with dyslexia? >> HADC offers mentoring to newly qualified Level 7 candidates >> Organising chaos. Article by Bernadette McLean published in SEN >> Watch a video of The Edith Norrie Magnetic Letter Case >> Join us on twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook >> Are you going to University? >>
We offer a range of assessments and consultations for students and adults alike. You can download pre-assessment forms as the basis for an initial discussion… to read more
HADC provides one-to-one teaching support for dyslexics of all ages. Tuition takes place at the Centre, at home or in school, with programmes tailored to a style best suited to the individual learning requirement… for more about support click here.
A major focus at HADC is to train and develop the next generation of dyslexia teachers and experts by offering nationally recognised teaching qualifications suitable to deliver special needs support at all levels… for more about courses click here.
HADC is a registered independent charity that receives no grants or aids from central or local government or other central sources. We exist and survive solely due to individual and corporate generosity… if you would like to help click here.